Office of Career Strategy & Professional Development
Biomedical Graduate Education (BGE) is invested in providing the training, resources, and personalized career strategies for CAM students to have a more direct path to their desired careers and to differentiate themselves.
Visit the BGE website to learn about the personalized career strategies available at your fingertips, including Individual Development Plan, 1 on 1 Advising, seminars, and so much more.
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA) – supports current and future underrepresented minority medical students
- The National Society for Nontraditional Premedical & Medical Students – OPM is a professional/pre-professional society and educational conduit for non-traditional students who seek to become Physicians.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) – Resources for aspiring physicians and medical school applicants.
- Osteopathic Medicine Career Resources
- Latino Medical Student Association – Founded to represent, support, educate and unify Latino(a) Medical Students.
- Association of American Indian Physicians (AAIP) – Mission is “to pursue excellence in Native American health care by promoting education in the medical disciplines, honoring traditional healing principles and restoring the balance of mind, body, and spirit”.
- MCAT2015 Foundational Concepts – Big ideas and topics tested in the new MCAT exam.
- AAMC MCAT resource – sample questions, video tutorials and other resources for MCAT 2015 preparation.
- Pathway To Medical Practice In The U.S. Flowchart by Federation of State Medical Boards
- Medical School Scholarships Word document
- Pre-Health Shadowing Programs Word document
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- MD-MPH programs directory (AAMC)
- NIH Scientific Focus Areas – NIH Intramural website for exploration of research areas in biology
- Versatile PhD – Guide to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhDs
- MyIDP – An individual development plan (IDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best.
- Science Careers – Science Career Magazine
- Biocareers – Job search and career resources for researchers in Biosciences
- After Grad School Blog – Wonderful blog with lots of resources for the undecided PhD
- annekrook.com – Another great blog with resources for those seeking careers outside academia.
- BenchFly – Science Career Development Articles
- National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) – is a nationwide consortium of biomedical professionals and institutions collaborating to provide enhanced networking and mentorship experiences in support of the training and career development of individuals from groups identified by the NIH as under-represented in biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social science research careers.
- Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Discover Nursing
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Nutritionist and Dietitian Careers
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Guide