Acceptance into the CAM Program is competitive and consistent with other rigorous graduate degree programs in the sciences. In addition to possessing a solid undergraduate academic record, successful applicants typically have strong academic backgrounds in the basic science disciplines.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2019
Deadline for US Citizens has been extended to July 1st.
Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case space available basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Hard Deadline for Non-American Citizens or International Students has been extended to July 1st.
The hard deadline is due to visa and paperwork processing.
Scholarship Application Deadlines: Applicants have two weeks after the submission of your application on ApplyYourself to apply for the Hoyas for Science Scholarship, DMV Hoyas Biomedical Academic Scholarship and/or the Ignatian Hoya Biomedical Academic Scholarship.
1. Submit an on-line Graduate School application form by the deadline.
Click on the following link to begin your application: Apply Now.
This form will include:
Non-refundable Application Fee (currently $90)
Academic Statement of Purpose: The 500-word academic statement of purpose should describe your academic and professional goals and their fit with the biomedical graduate program.
Resume OR CV (including publications, if applicable). Please provide your cumulative GPA for all universities you've attended on your resume or CV.
A Supplemental Application Form is NOT required. However, you are welcome to include any other materials you feel will strengthen your application.
Please include your AMCAS Application, if applicable.
Official Transcripts SUBMITTED BY ALL colleges and universities you have ever attended, including summer courses.
3 Letters of Recommendation (at least two from science professors) or 2 Letters if one is from a Committee.
Official Score Report for the GRE or MCAT (We also accept DAT, PCAT, Nursing Admissions exams, LSAT or GMAT). For GRE use code 5244. No special department code is necessary. For MCAT, access the score report here.
International Students only: All applicants who received an undergraduate degree or higher from a school where English was NOT the primary language of instruction must submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score. The minimum TOEFL score for admission is 550 (paper test) and 80 (Internet-based test). The minimum IELTS score for admission is 7.0. Biomedical Graduate Education TOEFL Code is B191. If the College or University where you received your degree language of instruction IS English, you should request a letter from that College/University's Registrar or it should be stated on your official transcript. For more information, see Proof of English Language Proficiency Guidelines. F-1 or J-1 Visa Information
3. Please, send an email to Ms. Lucy Cherner confirming that your application has been submitted: email@example.com.
- All needed information to complete your application could be found on the Biomedical Graduate Education website: http://biomedicalprograms.georgetown.edu/admissions/
- As a point of reference, the CAM MS Program is listed on the Graduate School website under the MS Programs in Physiology: http://grad.georgetown.edu/admissions/programs/physiology/
- For any question you might have about your application or the program contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by Phone: (202) 687- 7979.
- We accept Interfolio, TranscriptsNetwork and other document delivery services to the BGE Admissions office email email@example.com.
- Please email all documents in PDF format.
- If you have questions about whether your documents have been received, please contact the BGE Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-687-7377.
Hard copy documents should be submitted in a single packet, to the extent possible, to avoid processing delays. Please, send all hard-copy supplemental documents to the following address:
BGE Georgetown U
Attn: CAM MS
SE108 Med-Dent BLDG
3900 Reservoir Road, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20057-1411
IMPORTANT: *DO NOT* send hard copy supporting documents to any other address.